If you are still relying solely on traditional real estate marketing methods such as flyers, hand-outs and yard signs, you are missing out on an ocean of opportunities that real estate content marketing offers.
Traditional marketing methods are time-consuming and less effective compared to content marketing. A single piece of content can get you leads, day in and day out, and for a really long time. Traditional marketing has a limited reach and a short lifespan.
Before we delve deeper into the benefits of content marketing, let’s first try to understand what this new marketing phenomenon actually is:
According to Content Marketing Institute: “Content marketing is a strategic marketing approach focused on creating and distributing valuable, relevant, and consistent content to attract and retain a clearly-defined audience — and, ultimately, to drive profitable customer action.”
The definition is quite straightforward, but a few understand its true meaning. Following are the most important elements of a content marketing campaign:
- Focused approach: Your content marketing campaigns should be very focused. You don’t produce generic content which your audience can find everywhere on the Internet. You have to keep in mind your specific audience and write in a way that your content seems to be speaking directly to them.
- Valuable, relevant and consistent content: Your content should bring value to the table. Instead of rambling on and jumping from one subject to another, it should be relevant. You also need to be consistent with regard to how much content you will produce in a specific timeframe.
- Distrusting this content: Your campaign will be completely ineffective if you don’t promote your content. You have to use social media and other online marketing channels to ensure that your content reaches your audience.
- Clearly defined audience: This is one of the most important aspects of content marketing. You should know your target audience before you write or promote content.
- Driving consumer action: You should provide content that promotes your audience to take action. Your advice should always be actionable. Only then you will be able to generate leads with the help of content marketing.
Content is the driving force behind every form of online marketing. Whether you are using social media or launching a pay-per-click campaign, you will need great quality content to ensure these marketing methods are effective and produce desired results.
There are primarily three benefits of real estate content marketing:
Lead generation: if you do content marketing the right way, you won’t need to be worried about real estate lead generation. With more and more property buyers and sellers checking out homes to buy and sell and real estate professionals to represent them, you will find it extremely easy to generate leads with the help of content marketing.
Cost savings: Compared to other forms of marketing like advertising, content marketing is cost-effective. You can produce and market content in your spare time or hire an agency to do this for you.
Qualified leads: If your content marketing is focused, you will get less number of tyre kickers (who are a big pain in the real estate industry) and more qualified leads.
Now that you know what content marketing is and how effective it can be if you do it the right way, you should mark it a part of your overall lead generation strategies immediately.