No matter how good of a writer you are, there are times when you run out of ideas for your next real estate blog post.
This article will help you over-come this mental block and help you unlock the creativity needed to constantly come up with blog posts that will add instant value to your audience.
There are many reasons why you may run out of ideas; some of the most common are:
- You’re not passionate enough about real estate blogging; if that’s the case you should outsource it.
- You don’t have a content marketing strategy; if you do, you will have an editorial calendar that outlines posts for a 6-month period.
- You’re not motivated to write because you’ve been writing and you’ve neither seen any return on investment nor gotten any audience yet.
Regardless of why you’re unable to come with new blog ideas; these following tips will help you over-come this mental barrier.
Answer Frequently Asked Questions
This is one of the easiest ways to come up with new blog ideas regularly. This can be your little “cheat” whenever you find yourself struggling to come up with blog ideas.
Just go through your blog posts and look for some of the questions that you’ve been asked – there are chances that other people will have those questions too. Convert your answer into a blog post with a catchy headline.
But this might hard if you don’t have any traction on your blogs yet. If this is the case, we suggest you visit your competitors’ blogs and go through their comments section and look for some of the most common questions they ask.
Reuse Old Blog Posts
Another way to easily overcome a writer’s block and generate new ideas is to repurpose old blog posts.
Look for some of your most popular blog posts that have a lot of engagement and think of creative ways to repurpose it into:
- SlideShare presentations
Another great way to repurpose old content would be to take your most downloaded ebook or whitepaper and break it up into blog posts. You could also take an old blog post and update it with new information and better graphics and then publish it again. The list is endless; you just have to be creative.
Research Trending Topics
With tools like Buzzsumo, you can research trending topics or most searched for keywords in the real estate industry in real time. The vast amount of information available through this method would be overwhelming, however, refuse the temptation to jump into it and copy paste.
Follow these quick tips:
- Choose topics that will add value to your audience
- Don’t copy and paste the article(s) as they are; rather, rewrite it, make it more in-depth, add more value and use better graphics. Be sure to credit the original sources.
- Use topic headline generators if you are stuck with renaming the trending topics you want to repurpose. HubSpot and Portent both offer free and easy to use topic generators.
We understand that as real estate agents, it is hard juggling meeting with clients and creating awesome content. Our pro tip would be for you to create a strategy for generating blog topic and ideas even before you ever run out. This way, it would make it easier for you to constantly keep your blog updated and keep your audience engaged.
Need help creating awesome content that will help you generate leads for your real estate blog? Contact us today.