One of the reasons why content marketing for real estate agents is becoming popular these days is because a lot of agents are beginning to realize its benefits.
Some of these benefits are:
- Increases your brand awareness and helps you grow your social media following and email subscriber list
- Establishes you as a real estate expert; but only if you’re creating awesome content that engages and retains the attention of your audience.
- It helps improve the quality of your leads because when you educate people, they’re more likely to make informed decisions. And they’d also be more willing to reach out to you; the provider of that information.
Content marketing requires an intense amount of work. So, unless you <outsource your content marketing>, then you will need a few tools to automate your content marketing process.
Tools for Workflow Organization
Unless you’re just starting out in real estate, you’re likely to have a team member or team members. Regardless, you will need a place to keep track of topic ideas and have an overview of everything involved in the content creation, such as your writing, publishing and outreach efforts.
Some tools we recommend are:
- Google Calendar
Tools for Writing, Editing and Collaboration on Content Creation
Depending on the organizational workflow you have chosen and who will be creating content, you will need a place to write that gives others access to edit the content. Gone are the days where you send a document in Microsoft word and wait for changes to be made and tracked and sent back to you. One can do all that in real-time.
Examples of tools that make it easy to draft, track edits, and collaborate in real-time are:
- Google Docs
Tools for Content Publishing
Even though your content is meant to go on your blog, how do you publish it?
There are two basic ways to publish your content:
- Code it from scratch (assuming your website was coded from scratch)
- Use a content management system (CMS) such as WordPress; assuming your using a website theme.
Tools for Lead Acquisition
One of the main reasons why you or any other real estate agents are using content marketing is to grow your business. One of the best ways to do that is to capture the email address of anybody that visits your website.
Some tools to consider are:
- Lead Pages
Tools to Nurture Leads
Once you capture your leads email address and name, the next step is to add them into your sales funnel by nurturing them until they are ready to biy from you. Email marketing is the best way to nurture leads by sending them drip email campaigns (regular emails informing them of new blog post or e=book you wrote for them)
Some ways to nurture your potential clients includes, but not limited to:
- Campaign Monitor.
There are obviously a lot more tools that offer solutions in the various categories we outlined above. However, the key is picking one and sticking to it religiously. Most of these tools are free but offer a paid package with additional features.