LinkedIn provides one of the fastest ways for real estate agents to generate quality inbound links, rank higher in search engine rankings and establish them as an expert in their field. In fact, LinkedIn is a very important part of our content marketing strategy here at NetMedia.
It only makes sense for you to be a part of this social media network that can generate high quality leads for you. If you are looking to expand your online reach as an experienced real estate agent, optimize your LinkedIn profile by following some these pro tips.
Use Top Quality Profile Picture
Pictures are worth a thousand words; your profile picture can make or break your chances of earning thousands of dollars. In other words, invest in your profile picture to convey more authority and professionalism.
Anyone that lands on your profile see your profile picture first, make a good first impression. Here are some things to consider for your profile picture:
- Use an image with depth-of-field
- Smile, because smiling shows friendliness and likeability
- Dress smartly and don’t use an extremely close-up picture; a typical headshot will suffice
Optimize your Name and Profile for SEO
Because of LinkedIn’s website authority; Google ranks it higher in search results over other websites that might have the set of keywords. In other words, a combination of LinkedIn and Google is good for search engine optimization – SEO.
So, when you optimize your LinkedIn profile; you stand a better chance of ranking in Google search results as well. Here are a few tips for your LinkedIn optimization:
- Use relevant keywords in your summary section. Don’t limit keywords to agent, realtor and real estate. Be creative – think of what keywords your ideal customer might use to search for information.
- Use descriptive words when writing your job experience. The more details you hide the more opportunity you have to add keywords.
- Add a suffix to your last name such as realtor or estate agent etc.
Use the Background Image as a Giant CTA
LinkedIn allows you to post background images on your profile, very similar to Facebook’s cover photo. However, most real estate agents are not making use of this opportunity.
If you don’t know how to design a catchy original background image that you can add a call-to-action (CTA) to, you can hire a graphic designer.
An example of a CTA is if your target area is in Houston, Texas, your CTA might read something like: Looking to buy/sell a house in Houston? You can even be more specific on your niche and focus on only buyers or sellers. Don’t forget investors too!
- Use colors that will stand out.
- Use bold and legible fonts.
- Align the CTA in a way prospects can see everything.
Leverage on Content
In the online world, the only real currency available is the content we produce. Use this to your advantage on LinkedIn.
Content can come in various formats such as; audio, video, text and images. Check out these tips on how to leverage content:
- Publish high quality articles on your LinkedIn. It could be <duplicate content from your blog>
- Add videos of your listings under the summary section of your LinkedIn profile.
- Repurpose blog posts on SlideShare (owned by LinkedIn)
Join and be active in related LinkedIn groups. Publish relevant news there and share updates that are your connections’ time.
LinkedIn is still an untapped source for generating high quality leads. Take advantage of this today. Please share your thoughts and opinions in the comments section.