This is one of the most common questions that real estate agents ask when they’re first introduced to blogging.
The simple answer is yes, real estate blogging actually does work. It is a simple way to establish yourself as the local real estate expert and keep yourself top-of-mind with your audience.
Benefits of Real Estate Blogging
Real estate blogging offers real estate agents a lot of benefits such as:
- If you constantly deliver high quality, original and informative blog posts, your website will quickly become a well of informative resources.
- Real estate blogging helps you generate serious leads. Unlike traditional means of real estate marketing where you go through hundreds of online leads before you finally land one client.
- Real estate blogging is a surefire way to becoming a <local real estate expert>; but the clause is – you must provide valuable content!
- Real estate blogging helps you build trust with both your target audience and other real estate agents (both within and outside your service area or local market).
- Because of the credibility and trust that comes with constantly providing value through blogging; you’re more likely to get referrals.
Real Estate Blogging Strategy That Drives Results
Regardless of how good your content is, you need to have a content marketing strategy in place to help you maximize each blog post. Here’s a brief overview of some of the strategies we use to help to help the real estate agents we work with:
- Have a goal to publish at least two blog articles every week. You can experiment with various blog post lengths such as <long blog posts and short blog posts>
- Have a content creation strategy in place so you <never run out of blog ideas>
- Promote your content effectively using various social media platforms. The most effective ones are Facebook, Linked and Twitter. Read our articles on how real estate agents can use <Facebook> and <LinkedIn> effectively.
- Optimize your content for search engines (SEO). Use relevant keywords within your blog posts – but make sure they’re added naturally otherwise Google might penalize you for keyword stuffing.
Blog Post Ideas That Drive Engagement
Coming up with blog ideas are tough, but constantly coming up with blog post ideas that drive engagement is harder. Regardless, here are a few ideas that can help you going:
- Answer frequently asked questions. These questions can be sourced directly from clients (make sure you respect their privacy) or from blog comments (both yours and competitors’).
- Write about market updates and trends in the real estate industry. If you take your time to create original content, don’t be surprised if other real estate bloggers begin to use your research in their blog posts. This adds more credibility to your brand and establishes you as an expert.
- Write about your personal real estate experiences.
- Write about the home buying or selling process and have your audience’s best interest in mind when writing.
- Write about your local market; local amenities, dining and hangouts.
In conclusion, for blogging to actually work; you must create a plan and stick to it. This might sound impossible; especially to busy real estate agents, but nevertheless, it is possible. What you need is commitment.
Do you need help with your content marketing or you think outsourcing might be a better idea? Contact us today, we’d love to show you how we can help you generate leads with content marketing.