Social media is one of the best ways that real estate agents can find and connect with potential customers. If social media marketing is done right; agents can enjoy the following:
- Increased website traffic
- Generate prequalified leads (thanks to advanced targeting)
- Build meaningful relationships that will translate into referrals and word of mouth marketing.
All these benefit start simply with the word: engagement. When your audiences are engaged with you; they’re more likely to like, share and comment on any of your social media updates.
Below are 5 simple ways you can engage your customers on social media:
Create and Share Videos
Video has always been regarded as one of the most engaging piece of media you can use to capture the interest of your audience. You can create videos that range from customer testimonials to quick interviews with businesses in your local market to a video tour of your listings.
Adding video to your content marketing strategy is good idea based on the following statistics:
- 82% of Twitter users view and engage with video content on a regular basis
- Instagram Stories had 5 million videos shared in 24 hours when it first debuted in 2013
- Facebook is a top video-sharing platform with its new Facebook Live feature
- There over 5 million videos viewed and shared daily on YouTube
Pro Tip: Make your videos short and sweet. Ideal video duration is between 30 to 60 seconds.
Create and Share Images
Followed by video; images are the next engagement boosters you can think of when it comes to social media marketing. Remember the saying that pictures are worth a thousand words? It is literally true with Social media.
Things to keep in mind when using images to boost your social media engagement:
- Use beautiful, high resolution images
- Consider images that enhance your posts
- Consider funny memes and pictures as this gets shared more (especially if they’re funny and ties with current issues)
- Ensure you use images that are royalty free.
Pro Tip: With over 40 billion photos shared on Instagram alone, it is obvious that people engagae more with visuals.
Join and Participate in Groups
The best way to establish yourself as an expert in the real estate industry and to connect with potential customers is to join and participate in relevant groups.
LinkedIn, Facebook and Google plus offers various groups you can join that caters to:
- Real estate industry trends and news
- Interior decorations
- Home designs etc.
Pro Tip: In order to foster engagement and get people to trust you and your brand, you have to constantly provide value to which ever group you decide to join.
Listening and being responsive are the essential components needed to foster engagement on social media. Ask open-ended questions and encourage feedback from your audience.
What tips and strategies have you used to boost your social media engagement? Share with us in the comments below.