Facebook still remains the most popular social media in the world – only closely rivaled by YouTube and Twitter.
With billions of internet users, millions of those from the United States, Facebook is the best platform to push your content out to your target audience. By using Facebook Ads, especially the “Boost” feature, you can easily get your content in front of a highly targeted audience that will be interested in your content.
This guide is aimed at setting up and boosting your content. If you need help setting up a Facebook ad account; follow this link – https://www.facebook.com/help/326113794144384.
Choosing what Post to Boost on Facebook
Before boosting content on Facebook, you need to decide which content you want to boost. In order to get the highest ROI, choose content that fall within any of these categories:
- A listing that you think will move very fast
- A blog post that is doing very well
- A valuable resource that you want people to download in exchange for their contact info (lead magnet)
Optimizing Your Post for Lead Generation
After deciding what post to boost; make sure you optimize your post in order to generate leads. Follow these tips:
- Add relevant links that will lead to your listing, your blog or your lead magnet resource.
- Add an obvious Call-to-Action (CTA) that will move people toward the next step.
- The post must contain relevant information that will inform and educate the viewer; but not enough information that they won’t have any reason to click through anymore.
Building Your Ad
Building your ad is as simple as posting a status update; however, you should take the following tips into consideration:
- Keep your post informative and descriptive and make sure it evokes emotion and curiosity
- Add an image that relates to your post and make sure it’s of high-quality, direct and attention-grabbing.
- Add a CTA and relevant links into your post
- Optimize your post for SEO
- Choose the right audience to view your post.
Define Your Audience
Defining your audience comes just before you’re about to make your ad go live. By choosing your ideal target audience, you stand a chance of getting your content in front of people who care.
Follow these steps:
- First, click on the Boost button on the bottom right corner of your post
- Choose one of the preset audience options or click on “People you choose through targeting” to create a new one
- Choosing to create a new one gives you room to laser target your audience based on demographic, interest, hobbies and pages they have liked.
Setting your Post Budget and its Duration
Once you’re done defining your audience, the next step is to set a budge and time duration for your post.
For best results, set your budget between the ranges of $10 – $30 and set your duration to at least 3 days. You can always scale up depending on the results of your ad.
Analyzing your results is crucial to <determining the effectiveness of your ad and calculating the return on investment (ROI)>
To see your ad analytics, click on the “View Results” button on the bottom right corner of your post. You will be able to see:
- The total number of people who saw your post
- How many clicked on the links in your post
- The engagement level such as likes, comments and shares
- You can also see which part of the demographic you chose is most active; this will inform your decisions on targeting the next time you’re running an ad.
Still have questions about boosting posts? Check out this helpful tutorial from Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/business/learn/facebook-page-boost-posts
Boosting your posts is a great way to get your content to your target audience and to generate more leads. Have you ever boosted any of your content on Facebook? Share your experiences with us in the comment section.