SlideShare is an online platform which allows you to share presentations in different formats such as PowerPoint slides, PDFs and Videos.
With over 60 million monthly visitors and 130 million page views, SlideShare is one of the most popular presentations sharing platform in the world. And the best part is that the website is owned by LinkedIn – the most popular professional social media platform in the world.
Benefits of using SlideShare for your real estate marketing:
- It allows your content to be seen by an entirely new target audience. Most of SlideShare users are professionals and by constantly providing valuable content; you can easily position yourself as an expert in the real estate industry.
- Because LinkedIn owns SlideShare, you can leverage on the website’s authority and ranking for your own search engine optimization to rank higher in search results.
- Your content is automatically optimized for mobile phones so you don’t need to worry about that.
- It’s an opportunity to repurpose your evergreen content to give it a new lifecycle.
Tips on Promoting Yourself as a Real Estate Expert
- Be Consistent in Creating, Branding & Promoting Content
Consistency is paramount when you want to gain traction and be seen as an expert. Always create engaging content that has the same feel and look so people can easily and quickly associate it with your brand.
You should also be consistent in your promotional efforts. Unlike other social networks where virality can occur organically, SlideShare needs constant promotion – especially on LinkedIn – to drive enough traffic to see and subsequently share your presentations.
- Optimize Content Using Keywords
Because of SlideShare’s website authority and coupled with the fact that it is owned by Google, it is quite easy to rank higher in search engines depending on the keywords you chose. Another factor that might help is if you have an article with the same title and keywords on your LinkedIn profile as well as your blog website.
Make sure you include relevant keywords (that you want to rank for) in your presentation’s title, description and tags. Also ensure that you add keywords that mention your local market in your presentation and tags so that you can attract qualified leads.
- Publish Ebooks, Infographics and Videos
SlideShare isn’t limited to just presentations; you can publish a variety of content format that will meet the needs of different individuals. For example; someone might prefer an eBook, which is more in-depth, over a simple presentation or inforgraphic.
- Don’t Forget CTA
Call-to-actions (CTAs) are your best friends when it comes to generating leads. It is what you use to direct your audience to your website, your blog, your listings or your lead capture form to get their email address.
It is advisable to add your CTA in the last slide, but also to insert little links at the bottom of each slide urging them to read more on a particular subject – that classic “teaser” tactic.
- Engage with your Audience
This is the point of social media: engagement. Endeavour to respond to comments and questions in order to build a relationship. Show your expertise and build trust with your potential clients.
SlideShare provides real estate agents an opportunity to reach out to potential clients, build trust and grow your practice.
What has your experience been with SlideShare? Share them with us in the comments below.